If you're craving something tasty but you're having a busy day, then this classic ham and cheese panini recipe is what you need. A perfect appetizer, made with our very own French's Classic Yellow Mustard twist to lift the flavour.
Recipe Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Makes 4.0 serving Ingredients:
75 ml French’s® California Sweet Onion Relish
60 ml French’s® Classic Yellow® Mustard
8 rustic whole wheat bread, slices
1 small pear or apple, cored and thinly sliced
500 ml loose-packed arugula leaves
4 slices low-sodium Swiss lace cheese
8 thin slices low-sodium deli ham
- COMBINE the French's yellow mustard and sweet onion relish in a small bowl and whisk well. Spread the sauce on cut surfaces of bread slices.
- TOP 4 slices bread with the pear or apple slices, arugula, cheese and ham, dividing evenly. Cover each with top slice of bread.
- GRILL sandwiches in hot electric grill pan for 4 to 5 minutes until they become golden and the cheese melts.
- CUT the sandwiches in half and serve immediately to enjoy your ham and cheese panini!
- If grill pan is not available, heat a nonstick skillet. Cook sandwiches for 8 min., turning halfway, until golden and cheese melts.