Our all American loaded potato skins are the perfect party snack or lunch time treat for friends and family. These delicious, easy to make treats are perfectly balanced with the cheesy macaroni filling accompanied by a fresh spicy salsa.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
4 frozen ready cooked jacket potatoes, defrosted
125 g dry macaroni
550 ml semi skimmed milk
1 Tbsp. French's® Classic Yellow® Mustard
110 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
3 Tbsp Spring Onions, chopped
150 g tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 small red onion, diced
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
2 tsp. Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce [or Frank´s® RedHot® Chilli 'n Lime]
- For the potato skins, halve the jacket potatoes lengthways and scoop out the flesh leaving roughly half a centimetre of potato with the skin to form a tasty potato bowl for the cheesy macaroni filling – you can use the potato flesh as mash another day. Once the potato skins are prepped lay them on a oven proof dish or baking tray in preparation for the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (390° F, Gas Mark 6). For the filling, place the macaroni and milk in a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce the heat and gently simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent the macaroni from sticking, do this for about 7-10 minutes until the macaroni is just cooked and thickened. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the classic yellow mustard, half the grated cheddar cheese and the spring onions.
- To prep the loaded potato skins, spoon the macaroni cheese into the hollowed out potato skins and scatter over the remaining grated cheddar cheese. Once well covered with cheese place the loaded skins in the pre heated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- To make the spicy salsa, in a small bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, diced onion and chopped parsley with the Frank’s RedHot cayenne pepper sauce and serve alongside the skins.
- For extra crunch scatter with French's Crispy Onions just before serving.