Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours and 30 minutes
2 kgs smoked gammon
3 bay leaves
2 Tbsp. French's® Classic Yellow® Mustard
4 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- PLACE the gammon in a large lidded pan with the bay leaves and peppercorns. Cover with water and bring to the boil. Place a lid on top and simmer for 2 hours topping up with boiling water when necessary.
- DRAIN the ham (you can keep the ham flavoured water to use as weak stock) and pat dry with kitchen paper. Carefully slice off the rind leaving a layer of fat. Score this into a diamond pattern.
- PREHEAT the oven to 190°C. Combine the French’s Classic Yellow Mustard with the maple syrup and Frank’s RedHot Original Sauce. Smear half over the joint and roast for 15 minutes.
- SPOON the remaining glaze over the ham and continue cooking for 15 more minutes, covering any areas that begin to catch.
- ALLOW the joint to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes before carving.
- This Holiday Mustard and Maple Ham can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days and can be frozen.