800g salad potatoes, such as Rattes or another Fingerling
1 small squash such as acorn or similar (400g)
4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
10 cooked peeled chestnuts
6 hardboiled egg yolks, crumbled
¼ cup chopped parsley
2 tbsp. chopped cornichons
3 tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tbsp. French’s® Classic Yellow Mustard
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
5 tablespoons French’s® Crispy Fried Onions
50g Pumpkin Seeds – toasted
1 small bunch chives finely minced
- PREHEAT the oven to 190° C.
- WASH the potatoes and cook in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and allow to cool. If the potatoes are large, halve or quarter them into bite sized pieces.
- PEEL the squash, halve it and remove the seeds, dice into bite-size chunks. Coat with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper, roast in the oven until tender and lightly golden but not mushy.
- QUARTER the chestnuts and mix with the squash whilst still warm.
- ADD the potatoes, peas, crumbled yolks, parsley and cornichons to the squash mix and fold together to mix evenly.
- IN A BOWL, whisk together the mayo, vinegar, mustard, and remaining olive oil and toss with the potato squash mix.
- SEASON with salt and pepper as needed. Place in serving bowl and garnish with Crispy Onions, toasted pumpkin seeds and chopped chives.