Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and flavourful all around, these homemade chicken burgers are perfect for making everyday meals feel extra-special. Enjoy with Southern seasoned French fries and a side of Southern Fried Chicken Gravy for an extra-indulgent finish.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30-35 mins
1 Sachet smoky southern Fries/wedges seasoning
1 Sachet buttermilk chicken coating
1 Sachet southern fried chicken gravy
600g chicken breast (4 breasts)
4 slices of burger cheese
2 Large eggs
50g plain flour
100g White breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs
8 Leaves of crisp green lettuce (I use baby gem)
4 Brioche burger buns
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees c.
- In a medium bowl mix the buttermilk chicken coating with the flour.
- In another medium bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk or fork.
- Coat each breast one by one in the flour mix, the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Spray liberally with oil. Bake in your pre-heated oven for 30 mins. (if you like it extra crispy, turn on the grill for an extra 5 mins at the end)
- At the same time as your chicken, also put yours fries on another baking tray lined with greaseproof paper in the oven, also for 30 mins.
- While your fries and chicken are cooking, make your gravy as per the packet instructions.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes. While it’s resting, sprinkle half of the Smoky southern fries seasoning on the fries, toss and add more if needed to taste.
- When you’re ready to serve, Slice each chicken breast in half on the diagonal.
- Then char your burger buns in a dry frying pan on a high heat, place your mayonnaise and crisp green lettuce on the bun base, followed by the chicken, cheese and bun lid.
- Dunk your burger in the gravy for extra indulgence, enjoy!