The naughtiest little pickle dressed up in crispy mustardy shell with melted cheese and dipped in a special French’s mustard sauce. Get on it MOB.
Looking for an alternative to Gouda slices, look for a flexible cheese that won’t break when the gherkin is being wrapped.
1 tbsp French’s Classic Yellow mustard
100g panko breadcrumbs
6 medium sized gherkins
6 Gouda slices (any flexible cheese slices)
1/2 Mozzarella ball (alternatively grated cheddar cheese)
1/2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp French’s Classic Yellow mustard
1 tsp pickle brine
1 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp fresh dill
- Fill a wok with enough oil to fully submerge your French’s mustard pickles and get that on a medium heat.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, add a dollop of French’s mustard and whisk to combine. Put the panko breadcrumbs and flour in another two separate bowls and season them all with salt and pepper.
- Neatly trim each end of the pickle to create a rectangle. Then, carefully hollow out the pickles. To do this use a teaspoon to start and then use a skewer and twist through the middle. There needs to be a consistent tunnel through each pickle.
- Stuff each pickle with mozzarella, making sure there is an even layer of cheese throughout the pickle. Then, cut the pickles into three and stuff in anymore mozzarella if needed.
- Roll and wrap the stuffed pickle in the Gouda slice, cutting away any excess cheese at either side.
- Dip the wrapped pickle carefully in the flour, pat for an even flour covering. Then, dip the pickle into the mustard and egg mixture and finally carefully roll it in the panko breadcrumbs.
- Using a metal slotted spatula (or slotted spoon) carefully place a few French’s mustard pickles in the oil. You do not want to over crowd the pan, so only do a couple at a time. Keep turning the French’s mustard pickle for an even fry. Once golden brown take the French’s mustard pickles out and put onto a side plate.
- Once all your French’s mustard pickles are cooked, mix all the mustard dip ingredients together.
- To finish, sprinkle paprika over the pickles and season with salt and pepper. Dip and enjoy!