Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
1 Sachet Sloppy Joes seasoning
1 Sachet smoky southern fries/wedges seasoning
1 Sachet Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
1 Tbsp Olive oil
2 x 400g Cans Green lentils, drained and rinsed
1 x 400g Can chopped tomatoes
1 Brown onion, finely diced
2 Tbsp Tomato puree
4 White baps, halved
4 slices vegan cheese
Crispy onions to serve
- Pre – heat your oven to 200 degrees C. Once hot place your fries on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper into the middle of your oven for 30 minutes.
- Then, in a deep frying pan, heat your oil on a medium heat, add the onion and fry for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Add your drained lentils, stir, then add your tomato puree and sloppy joe seasoning, stir well and cook for a couple of minutes. Then add your tinned tomatoes, combine well with a wooden spoon, add your franks sachet (add half if you want less spice) and simmer for 10 minutes. (stirring regularly)
- While the sloppy joe mix simmers, toast your baps in a dry frying pan.
- When your fries are cooked, sprinkle half the smoky southern seasoning on, toss and add more if needed to taste.
- To Serve, top your bap base with the sloppy joe mix, vegan cheese, crispy onions and any extra franks if you want it spicy! Then add your pickles and roll lid. Enjoy!