French’s Crispy Baked Pickles
Yield: 20 pieces
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
50 g panko bread crumbs
25 g French's® Crunchy Onions, lightly crushed
10 gherkins, drained, halved lengthways and dried with kitchen paper
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. cornflour
2 tsp. French's® Classic Yellow® Mustard
- PREHEAT the oven to 180°C (fan assisted oven).
- PLACE the breadcrumbs on baking tray and cook for 5 minutes until just brown.
- MIX the toasted breadcrumbs with the onions and then transfer to a plate. Lightly grease the baking tray with oil.
- COMBINE the egg with the flour and mustard. Dip the gherkin pieces into the egg mixture, then roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on a lightly greased baking tray.
- BAKE for 5-8 minutes until crispy. Serve warm with the dip.
- For the dip: 3 tbsp. soured cream 1 tbsp. French’s Classic yellow mustard
- TIP: Get ahead; dip and coat the gherkins and then cover loosely and chill for up to 2 hours before baking – they will need a couple of extra minutes in the oven to get hot if straight from the fridge.