Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
50 g raw prawns
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thick strips
25 g plain flour
10 g Creole style seasoning, (2 tablespoons)
oil for frying baguette [or long rolls]
French's® Classic Yellow® Mustard [or Sweet or Spicy Mustard]
1 head iceberg lettuce, roughly shredded
French's® Crunchy Onions
Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- TAKE the prawns and chicken and place on a deep plate. Sprinkle over the flour and Creole seasoning, and toss until completely covered and coated.
- TAKE a deep frying pan and cover the base with about 1 cm of oil. Place on the heat and carefully heat for a few minutes (take a pinch of flour and drop into the oil – if it sizzles its ready to use).
- USING a slotted spoon carefully add the chicken and prawns a few at a time and cook for 3-4 minutes until each is crispy and golden. Remove from pan. Place on a plate with kitchen paper to drain.
- CUT two large chunks from the baguette and slice in half. Generously cover the base with French’s mustard. Add a layer of lettuce to the mustard followed by the chicken and prawns.
- SCATTER two large chunks from the baguette and slice in half. Generously cover the base with French’s mustard. Add a layer of lettuce to the mustard followed by the chicken and prawns.