French's Quick and Crispy Mac and Cheese
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
79 g French's® Crunchy Onions
250 g macaroni
40 g butter
600 mL milk
250 g cheddar cheese, grated
50 g vegetarian friendly parmesan cheese
- COOK the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 mins; drain and set aside.
- PREHEAT the oven to 180°C. Place the French Fried Onions in a food bag and crush using hands or rolling pin. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- ADD the flour and stir to form a roux, cooking for a few minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk, a little bit at a time. Cook for 10-15 mins until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- REMOVE the sauce from the hob, add 175g of cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese has melted. Add the macaroni to the sauce and mix well. Transfer to an oven-proof dish.
- SPRINKLE over the remaining cheddar and the Parmesan cheese and top with onions. Place the dish in the oven and cook until the cheese is browned.